Om Sai Paramedical Institute; Offering Medical or Paramedical Courses like DMLT, BPT, B.Sc. MLT, Physiotherapy Occupational Therapy, Lab Technician, Radiology/X-ray Technology
What is Cath Lab Technician?
A catheterization laboratory, or cath lab, technician is a professional who works in the field of cardiovascular technology. Cath lab technicians are vital team members who assist doctors during invasive cardiovascular procedures such as angioplasty, cardiac catheterization, and electrophysiology.
- Cardiovascular technologists spend most of their working time in operating rooms. Although many of the procedures they assist with have become routine, these technologists work in high stress situations due to the fact that should complications arise, the patient can be quickly placed in a life-threatening position.
- Prior to surgery, the technologist is responsible for ensuring the EKG equipment is in working order, and during the procedure, the technologist will monitor the EKG readouts and keep the doctor apprised of anything considered abnormal. The technologist will also prepare the patient for the procedure by cleaning, shaving, and, in the case of cardiac catheterization for angioplasty, anesthetizing the area of insertion.
- In some hospitals, the cardiovascular technologist will assist doctors during open heart surgery, and with the insertion of pacemakers or stents. Again, the technologist will be the one responsible for preparing and monitoring the patient in these instances.
- Daily non-surgical duties include reading and interpreting test procedures and explaining the procedures to patients. Cardiovascular technologists are exposed to a minor level of radiation in the course of some procedures, but the levels are closely monitored and protected against. During surgical procedures, they spend a great deal of time standing and may be required to help lift and transfer patients.
- Website: www.ospmi.com
- Contact : 9813193228 / 7206984438 / 8059410073
Provides information for patient diagnosis and treatment by performing laboratory tests in toxicology, chemistry, hematology, immunology, and microbiology laboratories; receiving, typing, testing, and recording blood bank inventories.
Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technician (DMLT)
Eligibility : 10th, 12th, B.Sc., B.A., B.Com.
Duration : 2 Yrs.
Contact : 9813193228 / 7206984438 / 8059410073
Medical Lab Technician assist physicians in the diagnosis and treatment of diseases by performing tests on tissue, blood and other body fluids. Medical lab technicians most commonly work in hospitals or doctors’ offices. They are a critical component of a functioning health care facility.