- Minimum Qualification for Admission 10th, 10+2, B.A., B.Sc., B.Com. or any equivalent qualifications.
- Age : No age Restriction.
- Duration : Two Years.
Ophthalmic Assistant Course Scopes:
- Optometry is the healthcare profession of measuring vision, prescribes and fit lenses to improve vision, and detecting & treat various eye diseases”
- Optometry is a satisfying career in medical courses in various ways. It is a dynamic and challenging career that offers self-awareness, work flexibility, community respect, money related achievement & unlimited
A career in optometry offers a high salary, job stability, tremendous potential for development and a decent work environment.
To become an Optician what qualification is required?
You can enter in this field, just by doing diploma after 10th,10+1,10+2, etc. Associate’s diploma programs in optician that may be preferred by some employers & be licensed.
Those students have a diploma certificate, they can directly begin earning by working with an Ophthalmologist, an Eye Hospital, and an Optician or even start his own practice as an Optician.
- After studying Optometry, you can make your career as optometrists, ophthalmologists & Optician.
- Confused about optometrists, ophthalmologists & Optician? We Clear It Up for You.
- Ophthalmologists, optometrists and opticians each play very important role in providing eye care to consumers.
How about we begin with optometrists?
- Optometrist is the independent primary health care provider who specializes in eye care and visual health. An Optometrist is medical professionals, but not physicians. They focus on regular vision care and prescribe eyeglasses and contacts. Optometrist examines the internal and external structure of the eyes.
- An ophthalmologist is a physician (medical doctor) who specializes in the surgical and medical care of the eye & vision system. Ophthalmologists offer complete eye care services. These include: Vision services, Medical eye care, Surgical eye care, Diagnosis and treatment of eye, Plastic surgery.
- Optician is also a very important part of the eye care team, but it is not an eye doctor. An optician uses a prescription that is written by an optometrist or an ophthalmologist. Optician is a technician who is trained to design, verify fit eyeglass lenses and frames, contact lenses, and other devices to correct eyesight.
- The career opportunities in all these fields are wide & huge in demand both in India and abroad.
- Optometrists can work as post-secondary teachers, occupational/industrial safety programs, consultants in the eye care industry or do research in optometry colleges. Optometrists can also set up their own private clinics & work independently. They can also choose a career in sports vision, public health and government service or community health centers.
- Ophthalmologist may choose to set himself up in private practice, as a solo practitioner or as part of a medical group. As an Ophthalmologist, you can work as a public health employee, professor in the medical universities, military doctor, & as an employee of a clinic, hospital & government agencies